Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mount St. Helens

Best hike to date was the Lower Creek Trail at Mount St. Helens.  It was one breathtaking view after another.  I told Brent that I'm going to have to look up more synonyms for beautiful, gorgeous, and amazing, since I completely overused them for 6 miles.  The drive out two Mount St. Helens was around two hours, which sounds long, but you go through some stunning scenery to get there.
This was the first bridge of the hike.
 Alpine Strawberries
 Huckleberries (we thought they were blueberries...)






Pretty awesome view from the start/end point!

5 comments:

  1. Um, beautiful, gorgeous and amazing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures- you can keep using those words Cate - you are describing it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so crisp and clean, especially compared to my dirt bowl of a town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello BCD! Took me a minute...a brentcatesesutter experience. I love Oregon. I experienced Mt. Helen's erupting with first hand highway view of the eruption and lots of white ash on the front lawn and car. Carlos and a friend flew over the crater in a helicopter at night while she was erupting!!
    BTW...Pab and Serg are Portlanders. Fishing, biking, hiking, camping are all spectacular in Portland/OR.
    One thing new rage is the wind surfing? on the magnificent Columbia. The Columbia is not as well known or respected in other parts of the US like it should be. It is a mighty force. I have not eaten sturgeon but I have seen them fresh caught by the natives and they are marvelously magnificent. I think the species is millions of years old. How great to chronicle by verse and photos your Splendid Journey!
    Love, Aunt Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Majestic is Your NAME in all the earth!
    Looking for new pics...
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete